Gurmeet joined EGL in January 2018 having worked in franchising for some 17 years, including as company secretary at a leading franchisor company, a niche franchise law firm and more recently at a top 100 law firm. Gurmeet deals with a variety of franchise and commercial agreement issues. His key focus is to ensure that clients’ trading agreements are sufficiently robust to minimise and mitigate against legal and business risk and that clients receive timely and pragmatic advice to ensure that issues are resolved quickly and cost effectively.
When it comes to disputes, he is a keen advocate of mediation and other forms of ADR. Gurmeet’s significant experience of bringing or defending claims in the County Court, High Court and Court of Appeal will ensure that your disputes are pursued with the necessary skill and tenacity.
He has lectured at numerous international and national conferences, bfa events and is a published author on franchising. In 2018 he was elected as an Executive Member of the Asian Business Chambers of Commerce and sits on the Dispute Resolution Committee of the Birmingham Law Society.
Gurmeet is recommended in Legal 500 (2018/19) in the categories of corporate/commercial and commercial litigation.
- Setting up and structuring franchise businesses
- Auditing pre contractual material and undertaking due diligence
- Advising on, reviewing and amending franchise and commercial agreements
- Trade Mark, software licenses and advising on Intellectual Property protection
- Franchise disputes and compliance issues
- Sale and purchase of franchise businesses
- Termination, negotiating and drafting settlement agreements
- Advising on post termination steps to include enforcing restrictive covenants
- Advising on dispute avoidance and managing disputes
- Acting for and against franchisee group actions
- Domestic and international franchising
- Commercial agreements and dispute resolution
- Agency and Distribution Agreement
Articles by Gurmeet
Gurmeet authors, and appears in, many articles about Franchising. Examples are below – please click on the links
Article for p&he journal Expanding your business through Franchising
Article for What Franchise : Franchising provides a proven way to expand