Gurmeet joined EGL in January 2018 having worked in franchising for some 17 years, including as company secretary at a leading franchisor company, a niche franchise law firm and more recently at a top 100 law firm. Gurmeet deals with a variety of franchise and commercial litigation issues. His key focus is to ensure that clients receive timely and pragmatic advice to ensure that the issues are resolved quickly and cost effectively.
When it comes to disputes, he is a keen advocate of mediation and other forms of ADR. If a commercial dispute does end up in litigation, Gurmeet’s significant experience in bringing or defending claims in the County Court, High Court and Court of Appeal will ensure that your disputes are pursued with the necessary skill and tenacity.
He has lectured at numerous international and national conferences and is a published author on franchising and dispute resolution.
Gurmeet’s breadth of experience, includes:
- Auditing pre contractual material to minimise risk of misrepresentation claims
- Undertaking Due diligence
- Trade Mark, software licences and Intellectual Property protection
- Franchise disputes, payment and franchisor’s obligations
- Compliance issues
- Sale and purchase of franchise businesses
- Termination, negotiating and drafting settlement agreements
- Advising on what happens after termination
- Enforcing restrictive covenants
- Dispute avoidance including acting for and against franchisee group actions
- Advising on the franchise agreements and related contractual documentation
- Setting up and structuring franchise businesses
- Domestic and international franchising
- Commercial Disputes
- Agency and Distribution Agreements