Heidi joined Emms Gilmore Liberson from Shoosmiths LLP in February 2018 to lead the new construction & engineering team, working within the wider property group.
Heidi has over 12 years’ experience advising on all aspects of construction and engineering law, acting for a wide range of clients including developers, contractors, sub-contractors, funders, retailers, hotel operators and care home providers.
She leads the construction advice for a number of active commercial developers involved in high value and sometimes complex forward funded projects, with an in depth knowledge of development risk and a pro-active hands on approach that her clients find invaluable. She has become an integral part of their team and her role includes ensuring that the several separate parts of her client’s project fit together without conflict between what is promised to a tenant or funder and what can be delivered through the construction procurement process.
Work highlights/recent experience:
- Acting for a large PLC developer advising on all construction elements of a number of town centre redevelopment projects valued up to £100 million.
- Main construction advisor for a number of Birmingham based developers handling projects relating to the design and construction of offices, warehouse, hotels and student accommodation.
- Acting for a developer on the construction of care homes and assisted living accommodation across multiple sites involving a forward sale of £71 million.
- Acting for a hotel operator on the construction of a hotel in Milton Keynes with 250 beds.
- Drafting a suite of precedent documents for a hotel operator for multiple refurbishment projects.
- Advising a technology business on the development and expansion of its engineering facilities, over a number of phases.
- Drafting a contractor framework agreement for the fit out and refurbishment of a number of stores for a high end luxury chocolate retailer.
- Advising a developer on a £4 million payment dispute, where the contractor had underpriced the project achieving a successful outcome.
- Advising a developer following the insolvency of the contractor during the rectification period, including advising on making a claim under the performance bond.
What Heidi’s clients say:
“Heidi is my construction lawyer of choice. She is proactively involved with the project as a whole providing real support. I have utmost confidence in the advice that she provides, and she never lets me down. Just knowing Heidi is involved relieves some pressure enabling me to rely on her and focus on getting the development built.” Daemon Sheehan, Group Construction Director, at Citygrove Securities PLC
“Heidi is always available and quick to respond. She pushes projects forward, whilst always demonstrating excellent technical knowledge, great organisational skills and a professional approach. All in all she is doing a great job for us.” Matthew Burgin, Joint Managing Director, Stoford Properties Limited
For more details on our Construction and Engineering team and how we can help you please click here