Kian qualified as a solicitor in 1988 and has been engaged in transactional work ever since. From the outset, he has sought to remain true to the mantra that “clients require solutions and not a summary of the applicable law”.
Kian’s knowledge and experience is focussed principally on the provision of legal and business advice to entrepreneurs and the SME/OMB sector together with a number of the UK and European businesses, which are generally the subsidiaries of larger multinational groups. Kian has always undertaken a mix of corporate as well as commercial property work. This has given him greater opportunity for interaction with his clients and enabled him to gain a fuller and more rounded understanding of the operations and requirements of his client base. As a consequence, some of his clients have continued to instruct him for the entirety of his career, such that in certain cases, he is effectively treated as a member of the in-house team.
Kian also has a long association with the charitable sector and is himself a trustee of a grant making charity. He has and continues to advise a number of registered charities and not for profit organisations.
Initially due to fortunate circumstances many years ago, Kian has also developed a particular knowledge of the sale and purchase of dental practices and acts for a number of dental professionals.
The scope of Kian’s practice covers the following areas:
- Share and assets sales and purchases, joint ventures and other private equity transactions;
- Company re-organisations, purchase of own shares and capital reductions;
- Shareholders’ agreements and matters relating to the governance of the relationship between shareholders;
- General company secretarial work and administration, with Kian acting as company secretary or undertaking the company secretarial function on behalf of a number of clients;
- Commercial property sales and purchases, both freehold and leasehold;
- Non-contentious landlord & tenant matters, including the grant, renewal and surrender of leases of business and industrial premises as well as a variety of related issues;
- Lending and security documentation including loan agreements, charges over land and other property, guarantees and inter-creditor documentation;
- Charity law including charity formation and administration, trustees’ duties and responsibilities as well as the specific issues relating to “charity land transactions”.
- The sale and purchase of dental practices and related issues
Kian also has a knowledge of Farsi (Persian), German and French, resulting in an unusually varied client base.