Paralegal – Property Litigation
Supporting a busy and highly respected team of lawyers you will be involved in the continuing growth of our successful Property Litigation department. The team has a quality client base spread across the UK and undertakes a broad mix of work encompassing all aspects of development and investment property, commercial estates, offices, warehousing, retail and residential property management.
Providing broad administrative support to the team, you will have a great opportunity to learn from an experienced team and to be involved in high quality complex work.
What are we looking for?
- Good academic record with a law degree (minimum classification of 2:1) and LPC
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong administration and organisation skills
- The ability to work as part of the team
- A friendly, approachable individual
- A willingness to learn while working hard in a fast paced environment
- The ability to manage and prioritise your workload
- Previous experience in an administrative role within a law firm would be beneficial
What can we offer you?
- Competitive salary with excellent benefits package
- A collaborative, supportive and friendly workplace
- The opportunity to learn and develop within an experienced and skilled team
- The opportunity to be involved in quality work – the property litigation team is ranked in the Legal 500 and the work undertaken by the team is often high value or complex and involves EGL acting against many of the leading firms (magic circle/silver circle/nationals/regionals)
Emms Gilmore Liberson (EGL) was established by the three named founders and two other colleagues in May 2011. Mark Dakeyne joined in 2014, together with various Property team members. The firm now numbers around 50 people, supplying services to businesses and their owners in the following disciplines:
- Property services including general commercial property, property development and construction
- Litigation services including commercial litigation and property litigation
- Corporate services including commercial and employment
- Private client services
Our culture is one of openness, respect and integrity. The firm takes great care to maintain its own individual ethos which sets it apart from larger firms. We expect all of our colleagues to maintain the firm’s values and in return we offer a supportive and collaborative workplace which encourages the development of its people.
We expect colleagues within the firm to be industrious and give their best, both in relation to client facing work and client development. Our focus is on providing bespoke high quality advice and service to our clients rather than solely on high time recording or billing targets. We expect team members to meet the reasonable targets that we set, but maintain the approach that we are ‘large enough to deliver and small enough to care’ both in terms of our clients and our employees.
In the past year, the firm’s staff numbers have grown by more than 40% and with additional office space recently acquired within Lancaster House this is a genuinely exciting time to join EGL.
How to Apply
You can apply for this role by contacting our Practice Manager Aimee Williams by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please supply a full CV and details of current salary package.