We provide dispute resolution and litigation services for a broad range of clients. Our dispute resolution and litigation team currently comprises of two Directors and two Associate Directors with the support of an associate. The team is growing rapidly due to our expertise and reputation.
As a result of this growth, we are seeking to appoint a full-time, permanent Paralegal at our Birmingham office.
What Does the Role Involve?
This role involves:
- Providing support to the Dispute Resolution team;
- Managing defended and undefended litigation in areas such as, but not limited to, anti-social behaviour, housing disrepair, rent arrears, non-access, succession, abandonment and unauthorised subletting;
- Providing advice on general residential landlord and tenant legal issues in writing and by telephone;
- Attending and representing clients at County Court hearings in due course;
- Drafting court proceedings, witness statements and affidavits;
- Progressing and managing cases that proceed to trial by complying with Court directions such as disclosure and instructing counsel;
- Meeting clients, delivering training and seminars and;
- Actively participating in business development initiatives and maintaining good client relationships.
Why Should I Apply?
We are a growing team with plenty of opportunity for the right person. EGL has an excellent reputation for dispute resolution work and, as such, we are listed in the Legal 500.
You will enjoy working within our friendly team which fully embraces the adage “work hard, play hard”.
Is This the Right Role for Me?
The firm has a competency framework for paralegals and in particular for this role we require:
- Strong technical and organisational skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Client focus;
- Drive and enthusiasm.
- Team based approach;
- Commercial awareness;
- Ability to work to deadlines;
- Good interpersonal skills, presenting and client facing skills.
What Experience and Qualifications are Required?
- Good academic record is essential;
- Previous paralegal experience desirable but not essential;
- Litigation experience is desirable but not essential;
- Residential landlord and tenant litigation experience is desirable but not essential;
- An interest in marketing;
- An ability to work autonomously with minimum supervision – a self-starter.
What Else Should I Know?
EGL is committed to promoting equality, diversity and to providing an inclusive and supportive environment.
We are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. EGL endeavour to achieve the right balance for both our people and our business. This attitude to flexible working ensures we continue to provide outstanding service to our clients, whilst allowing our people to develop their careers.
How to Apply
You can apply for this role by contacting xxx on yyy.
Applications should be recieved no later than by zzz.