Club Premises Certificates (CPC)

Social Clubs, Sports Clubs, Golf Clubs, Miners Welfare Clubs, Clubs registered under the Friendly Societies Acts and other similar institutions have a separate category of Licences known as a Club Premises Certificate.

This is a lighter touch licensing regime, there is no need for a Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS) for instance but it does come with a number of restrictions.

Most Clubs earn extra income from hiring out their function rooms to others, including non-members. If they do then it will be necessary for the Club to look at whether they need a Premises Licence as well as, or instead of, a CPC

Peter Adkins of our regulatory team is retained by many Club Grouping nationally and regularly advises Clubs on their licensing issues. He also has detailed experience of advising Clubs on whether they need a Premises Licence or not. This can often also need a Rule change for the Club.

Clubs holding a CPC or a Premises Licence (or even both) will still need to consider these if they want to extend their hours, add activities or make alterations to their layout etc.

We are experts at assisting Clubs all over the Country and happy to chat through any proposals over the telephone with you.

Contact us for more information

The Licensing and Gambling Law team

Peter Adkins

Director of Regulatory Services

Hannah Lloyd LLM


Sharon MacDonald

PA to Commercial Litgation


Latest news