Businesses involved in the leisure, licensed trade and gambling industries face seemingly ever increasing laws and regulations. Pubs, hotels, casinos, restaurants, hotels, shops, members clubs and every other type of licensed business need to adhere to the Licensing Act 2003 and the Gambling Act 2005 as well as a whole raft of other legislation including Health and Safety. This is where first class legal advice can help.
Emms Gilmore Liberson can offer you the best possible advice for you or your business. The firm draws on a significant wealth of experience in Birmingham, London and beyond. We understand our clients’ needs and provide swift and robust and timely legal advice when it matters.
We pride ourselves in providing answers to seemingly complex problems based on strong commercial, tactical and pragmatic solutions. Peter Adkins, the lead Director in the team, has been recognised in the Legal 500 for his work in this area for many years.
The team is known for its sector knowledge and experience and working with our colleagues in other teams we also offer a full service to businesses, including business sales and purchases, property acquisition, lease renewals and problems. We also assist on employment and trading issues, funding and related agreements.
Our approach to licensing applications is always that we seek to obtain our client’s desired solution without involving costly and time consuming hearings wherever possible. We consider the best methodology and wording for the application, make enquiries of relevant responsible authorities in advance and seek to agree proposed conditions wherever possible. In this way we can often obtain licences more quickly and with less difficulty.
We advise clients throughout the country involved in all aspects of the licensed trade including hotels, restaurants, pubs, members clubs, shops, casinos, bingo and gambling premises of all types and many others. We can offer expert advice on all aspects including:
- Applying for a premises licence or a club premises certificate under the Licensing Act
- Dealing with applications for variation and transfers
- Temporary event notices
- Outdoor events including festivals
- Operating, Personal and Premises licences under the Gambling Act
- Licences to use premises for civil marriage / partnership
- Sexual Entertainment Venue licence applications and renewals
- Training and seminars on licensing law
- Handling challenges and threats to licences
- Advice on policies procedures
- Health and Safety matters